Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Evening Update of 99L

In their 8pm EDT report this evening, the National Hurricane Center gave 99L a 70% chance of developing into a tropical depression, sometime later this evening or tomorrow.
A Hurricane Hunter aircraft flew into the system late this morning and I thought I saw and heard it, as I was finishing my lunch, early this afternoon.

I have several graphics to illustrate what I am talking about, but because of insufficient bandwidth, I can't upload them.
So here come the words instead.
At 6pm LT, the center of 99L was about 225 miles NE of us. Maximum sustained winds were 40 mph. The central pressure was 1009 millibars. It is forecast to remain nearly stationary until Thursday when it is expected to move SW towards the mainland of Central America; possibly as a tropical depression or stronger.
All interests in the Bay Islands and on the North Coast of Honduras should continue to monitor the progress of this system as it develops.
I will try to post the missing images later tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Have a wonderful evening!
Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment